Assistant Grow Lab Coordinator
Are you looking for a part-time internship or job that has ample room for growth? Would you like to make your own schedule and work independently? Are you passionate about science or education and have a desire to make a direct impact with the work you do? AquaSprouts, a fast growing startup is looking for a passionate Grow Lab Assistant to help support our onsite aquaponics lab and maintain aquaponic gardens at different locations around the Austin area. This is a 10-15 hours/week position.
- Understand different aquaponic processes and procedures and accurately execute different protocols to retail and lab gardens
- Perform a variety of different experiments while maintaining a detailed log book
- Quickly and accurately draft a variety of different related documents, protocols and work instructions
- Help provide in-depth support to customers and retail establishment’s as needed
- You have or are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in a related field
- You have a keen understanding and experience with aquaponics, aquariums and/or hydroponics
- You have an understanding of plant care, deficiency identification and general gardening knowledge
- You have a desire for learning new concepts and are passionate about the intersection between education, science, and sustainability
- You are quick to understand complex scientific concepts and procedures, while still being able to simplify them into everyday language
- You are eager, self-motivated and ready for any challenge that comes your way
- You are organized, efficient and are able to work well unsupervised, as well as being part of a team
- You have a driver license and a reliable source of transportation to our office and grow lab in South Austin
To apply, send your resume and a brief letter explaining why you would be a good fit with AquaSprouts to email@example.com.