Assistant Grow Lab Coordinator
Are you looking for a part-time internship or job that has ample room for growth? Would you like to make your own schedule and work independently? Are you passionate about science or education and have a desire to make a direct impact with the work you do? AquaSprouts is fast growing startup looking for a passionate Grow Lab Assistant to help support our onsite aquaponics lab and maintain aquaponic gardens at different locations around the Austin area. Our products are distributed through some of the biggest educational supply catalogs in the country. We have stockists in Japan, Europe & Australia. We're continuously a best seller on Amazon US, and we're just getting started! This is a 10-15 hours/week position.
- Understand different aquaponic processes and procedures and accurately execute different protocols to retail and lab gardens
- Perform a variety of different experiments while maintaining a detailed log book
- Quickly and accurately draft a variety of different related documents, protocols and work instructions
- Help provide in-depth support to customers and retail establishment’s as needed
- You have or are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in a related field
- You have a keen understanding and experience with aquaponics, aquariums and/or hydroponics
- You have an understanding of plant care, deficiency identification and general gardening knowledge
- You have a desire for learning new concepts and are passionate about the intersection between education, science, and sustainability
- You are quick to understand complex scientific concepts and procedures, while still being able to simplify them into everyday language
- You are eager, self-motivated and ready for any challenge that comes your way
- You are organized, efficient and are able to work well unsupervised, as well as being part of a team
- You have a driver license and a reliable source of transportation to our office and grow lab in South Austin
To apply, send your resume and a brief letter explaining why you would be a good fit with AquaSprouts to firstname.lastname@example.org.